Support Hale End Library
Why do we need to support Hale End Library?
In June 2016 the Council announced that it was considering selling the Hale End Library building and moving the library services to a smaller building in Signal Walk near Tesco.
Many local residents felt that this would be a mistake, as Hale End Library is the only civic building in Highams Park. The building is much loved and people felt that the proposed new location would not achieve the Council’s goal of greater use of the services the library offers. After a vigorous campaign by local residents, the Council agreed to defer the decision by up to one year to see if usage of the library’s services could be improved in its current location.
What are we doing?
We are working with the Council’s library team to:
- Try and improve the number and range of activities that the library provides, and
- Increase the membership and use of facilities.
- We conducted a survey of local residents which closed on 17th March, 2017. We had a fantastic response and over 600 people completed the survey and gave us their ideas, we are currently reviewing the responses and will publish them in the near future.
You can view the results of the Hale End Library survey by clicking on the red link below:
How can you Help?
In the meantime, please use the local library by signing up all the family as members, borrowing books, going along to an event or exhibition, or using the computers or free wifi.
A full list of library services is available on the library’s website – you might be surprised at what’s available! Or if you run a local club or are planning an event, why not consider hiring one of the library’s rooms? Speak to the reception staff for details.
PLEASE HELP US SHAPE OUR LIBRARY’S FUTURE!
- Regular events Mondays, 3.45pm – 4.45pm (2-4 ye...
- Please find below a message received from TfL r...
- 1. What’s happening at Hale End Library in May....
- April events at Hale End Library Regular events...
- As part of local residents’ campaign to s...