About Hale End Libary
Highams Park Library
The library in Highams Park is called Hale End Library.
Hale End Library, Castle Avenue, Highams Park. E4 9QD
020 8496 3000
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 10 am – 6 pm
Saturday 10 am – 4 pm
Monday, Thursday, Sunday closed
24 hour renewal line: 0333 370 4700
Visit the library to browse books, newspapers and periodicals or to use the wifi, PCs or photocopying facilities.
Community rooms available for hire during opening hours. Speak to a member of staff at the reception desk.
Join the library to borrow books and audio books, to renew or reserve books and to download books and audiobooks (time limited) – all for free!
Speak to staff at the library desk to join or visit https://arena.yourlondonlibrary.net/web/walthamforest/home, where you can also find information about events in the library, online resources and an app to download.
A SUMMARY OF THE LIBRARY SERVICES IS INCLUDED BELOW:
There may be more to library services than you think! Read on, to find out more or to discover information about the library’s community rooms for hire if you run a group.
Take advantage of the library’s free Wifi in comfortable surroundings on your laptop, tablet or phone.
Use of Community Rooms
There are two generously sized rooms available for community use above the library, both in and out of library opening hours. Groups can meet here, events be held or classes can be run on either a regular or one-off basis.
Both rooms have good quality projectors installed for PC or Audio Visual use
For more information by clicking on this link: How to book a room
Online Services via Library’s Website
You need to be a library member with a ticket number and pin number to access these services. If you are not already a member, you can get a ticket and pin online or at the library reception desk.
- Reservations and renewals
- Book a library PC
- Search the Library Catalogue
- Online Information Resources – great for research or homework
- Ebooks and AudioBooks
- Online Newspapers and Magazines (some hard copies free to read in the library)
- Ancestry UK and Find My Past Websites – FREE! but you need to access them in the library
- Book Guides and Oxford Music
- Business and Legal Information
- Online Courses and Language Courses
- Home Library Service for the housebound
More details of each of these are can be viewed by clicking on this link 3-online-library-services
They can also be accessed via: https://arena.yourlondonlibrary.net/web/walthamforest/home
Home Delivery Service for the Housebound
See the section at the end of the online services document referred to above for information on this service.
The library is happy to accept donations of books as long as they are in good condition. Donations received at Highams Park library are sent to the libraries’ stock manager, based centrally in Waltham Forest, for assessment and distribution.
Find out about events in all the libraries in the borough, including ours, in the booklet Enjoy Life (available from the library) or on the website
- The Highams Park Plan has passed its examinatio...
- As part of the 2019 Art Trail, journalist an...
- It’s the Spring Festival in The Highams P...
1. The Highams Park Art Trail from Friday 10th May to Sunday 19th May ; 2. New Animal Sculpture in Oak Hill Crescent1. Highams Park Art Trail (HP Art Trail) HPPG...
- Two of our members, Alison Baker and Kim White ...