The Highams Park Planning Group (HPPG)
1. Application for re-designation of HPPG
The Council is currently running a public consultation for the Highams Park Planning Group (HPPG) to be designated for a further five years as the neighbourhood development forum for the Highams Park Area when our existing designation expires on 14th July 2019.
If you are happy with what we have achieved over the past five years please support us by emailing: email@example.com
. Please use the title “Highams Park Planning Group – Re-designation Consultation” in the subject line of your email.
The deadline for comments to be submitted on the application is 5pm on 10th June 2019; you can view the consultation documents by clicking on this link:
And, hard copies are available to view at:
Reception, Magistrates Building, 2 Farnan Avenue, Walthamstow, E17 4NX
Hale End Library, Castle Avenue, Highams Park, E4 9QD
2. Update on the Highams Park Plan
Given our application for re-designation it seems appropriate to provide an update of where we stand with the Highams Park Plan (HP Plan) and what we have achieved over the past five years since we were designated.
After extensive consultations with local people, businesses and statutory consultees, the Highams Park Plan was formally submitted to the Council on 14th November 2018 and underwent a statutory six week public consultation in January/February this year. The comments received during the consultation and our replies thereto can be viewed by clicking on this link: https://tinyurl.com/HP-Plan-Comments-Responses .
The Plan is now being examined by an independent examiner who will decide whether the HP Plan is complaint with the relevant neighbourhood planning regulations and can proceed to a formal referendum; with a view to the HP Plan becoming formally adopted as part of the Council’s planning policy.
We expect to hear whether the HP Plan has passed the examination by the middle of June. If the HP Plan passes its examination we are aiming for the referendum to be held in the autumn of this year.
As you may be aware, HPPG’s activities are not only directed at creating a neighbourhood plan, we are also a community group with around 1200 members who are involved in many different activities around the Highams Park Area; including amongst others:
- Refurbishment of the building in the Highams Park as Humphry’s Café
- Funding for improved shopfronts and lighting in Highams Park District Centre
- Ongoing conservation works at Highams Park Lake and the woods
- Organising annual events: The Christmas Fayre, Art Trail and the Vintage Market; as well as assisting the Friends of the Highams Park with the Spring Festival and the Picnic in the Park
- Four concerts a year at All Saints Church
- hSpark Internet Radio
- Art around Highams Park: the Barn Owl wall mural in River Walk and the Wild About Highams Park Animal Sculpture Trail
- Installation of little free libraries around the town.
- Fund raising and installation of a defibrillator in Humphry’s Cafe
We hope you are happy with what we have achieved so far and you can find the time to support our application to the Council.
The Highams Park Planning Group (“HPPG”) is a group of over 1200 local people which has been designated by Waltham Forest Council to create a Community Plan (“The Highams Park Plan”) for the Highams Park Neighbourhood Area.
The plan has been prepared by local residents, for local residents, using decision making powers granted to local communities under the Localism Act of 2011….read more