New Animal Sculptures and upcoming community events and activities in HP
Please find below some information on some upcoming community events and activities in Highams Park.
1. Wild About Highams Park Animal Sculpture – Trail
The sculpture in Aldriche Way is now completed and is of some playful squirrels has now been been installed as part of the Wild About Highams Park Animal Sculpture Trail; click on this link to see some pictures Squirrels in Aldriche Way
The sculptor Marshall Lambert is currently working on a new carving in Abbott’s Crescent today and Wednesday this week. Please feel free to pop along and watch the carving take shape and talk to Marshall the sculptor.
These sculptures are part of The Wild About Highams Park Animal Sculpture and are funded by a grant given to Highams Park Community CIC under the Waltham Forest London Borough of Culture initiative.
We will let you know as and when the other wood carvings are being installed.
2. Maypole Dance Training for The Spring Festival
The first Maypole dance training session went well and there was a good turnout. It is not too late to join in the fun, there are two more dance training sessions scheduled before the performance at the Spring Festival in The Highams Park on Sunday 19th May. If you are interested in taking part please email Betty on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on this link to see some pictures: Maypole Dance Training in The Highams Park
3. What’s on at Hale End Library in April
Please find attached details of what is on at Hale End Library this month, with thanks to Lorna Gozzard.
4. HP Pins and Needles sessions:
Saturday 13th April, Hale End Library, 11.00am -1.00pm
Wednesday 17th April, County Arms, 7.45 pm – 10.00pm
5. The Highams Park Great British Bake Off
This year the Highams Park Great British Bake off will take place at the Spring Festicval on Sunday 19th May. If you would like to bake a cake and take part you can sign up using this link tinyurl.com/HPbigbakeoff2019-
6. The Great Big Highams Park Quiz 2019
Saturday 20th April – All Saints’ Church Hall – 7 for 7.30pm
A light hearted quiz night and supper organised by The Highams Park Society!
Questions about Highams Park past and present – suitable for both old and new residents…
£10 per person includes fish and chips or chicken and chips – tables of 8
Bring your own drink and glasses.
Tickets are available from V and A Books and Gifts on The Avenue
Further details from 07414 810013 or email@example.com
- The Highams Park Plan has passed its examinatio...
- As part of the 2019 Art Trail, journalist an...
- It’s the Spring Festival in The Highams P...
1. The Highams Park Art Trail from Friday 10th May to Sunday 19th May ; 2. New Animal Sculpture in Oak Hill Crescent1. Highams Park Art Trail (HP Art Trail) HPPG...
- Two of our members, Alison Baker and Kim White ...