The Highams Park Spring Festival – Sunday 19th May from 11.00 am until 4.00 pm
It’s the Spring Festival in The Highams Park, IG8 9RF (by the lake) on Sunday 19th May from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm. There are lots of activities and entertainments lined up as well as around 50 craft stalls, hot and cold food stalls. Here’s a short summary of some of the things that will be happening on the day:
- Performances by The Essex Dog Display Team
- The Harlow Brass Band
- Live music
- Maypole Dancing Display
- Bushcraft classes for children (details below on how to book)
- The HP Great British Bake Off
- A crafting tent for children
- A traditional story Teller
- Face painting
- Children’s rides and other entertainments
- Raffle with some lovely prizes (at The Friends of The Highams Park stand).
- Crafts and other stalls
Food and drinks will also be available at Humphry’s Cafe and don’t forget to check out the lovely art on display in the cafe by local artists as part of the 2019 HP Art Trail
How to book a Bushcraft Workshop Session at the Spring Festival
Discover how to make fire without any matches or find out about the creatures in the lake with pond dipping. The classes are for children accompanied by an adult and run for 45 minutes. The cost is £4.75 per session per child. The classes will be run by Tinder Sticks CIC (a social enterprise working to get more people outdoor confident and ignite a passion for our natural environment). You can book online by clicking on one of the links below:
11:15 am Baby Buschcraft: https://billetto.
1:30 pm Fire Workshop: https://billetto.co.
3:00 pm Pond Dipping & Water Safety: https://billetto.co.
It’s not too late to take part in the HP Great British Bake Off at the Spring Festival and you can sign up by clicking on this link: https://forms.gle/
Toilet facilities: will be available to the rear of Humphry’s Cafe and in the cafe itself .
This event has been arranged by The Friends of the The Highams Park and most of the activities are free but there are some things you will have to pay for. If you enjoy the event please feel free to make a voluntary contribution at the Friends of The Highams Park tent during the day and all funds raised will be used to fund future events and to improve facilities in the park. If possible please walk to the event but if you do drive to the park please be considerate of residents living nearby when parking.
- As part of the 2019 Art Trail, journalist an...
- It’s the Spring Festival in The Highams P...
1. The Highams Park Art Trail from Friday 10th May to Sunday 19th May ; 2. New Animal Sculpture in Oak Hill Crescent1. Highams Park Art Trail (HP Art Trail) HPPG...
- Two of our members, Alison Baker and Kim White ...
- Please find below some information on some upco...