Love Hale End Library Day – April 22nd 11:00 am until 3:00 pm
As part of local residents’ campaign to support Hale End Library The Highams Park Planning Group has organised “Love Hale End Library Day“. Love Hale End Library Day is a free and fun community event showcasing our wonderful library, with lots of activities going on for adults and children of all ages! Please read on for more details.
Date & Time: Saturday 22nd April from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm.
Main Venue: Hale End Library, Castle Avenue, E4 9QD
The event will be supported by a Pop Up Library in the car park of Highams Park Station, The Avenue, E4 9LA along with children’s rides and activities.
There will be all sorts of fun activities happening in and around the library, so please look at the timetable and map below to see where and when each activity is taking place throughout the day.
If you scroll further down the page you will see more details about each activity.
Here’s a summary of some of the things happening followed by some pictures with a bit more detail: Attractions on the day will include:
- A Vintage Market in the library car park, with music, performers and refreshments
- Tea and cake on the front lawn
- Live performances/interactive storytelling by Raw Academy
- Interactive science and technology displays and green screen filming in the Community Rooms
- Author book signings and poetry readings
- Children’s story-telling and crafts
- The Making Project
- hSpark Radio
- An Alice in Wonderland window display…and much more!
The Function Room are running a Pimms/refreshments tent in the garden adjoining the library.
You will see the library’s community rooms in use for various activities – these are available for hire seven days a week and the main library is available on closed days and in the evenings. Why not use them to run your own club, classes, or activities; you can enquire at the library reception desk for more details.
More details can be seen on the Facebook events page by clicking on this link Facebook Events Page – Love Hale End Library Day .
This event was funded by Waltham Forest Council with Ward Forum Funding Hatch Lane and Hale End & Highams Park wards
- We have made a big step forward and have now fo...
- 1. Survey – Street Tree Planting in Higha...
HP Jumble Trail; Pond Dipping at the Lake; Highams Park Live and other Upcoming Community Events & ActivitiesPlease find below details of some upcoming comm...
- As part of our ongoing efforts to support our l...
Crossing Point over Chingford Lane; Selwyn School; Volunteers Needed for Station Garden and Highams Park Day – Stallholder Pitches AvailablePlease find below some information on local mat...